Friday, January 19, 2007

Little Miracles

We are at a crossroads in my family. I have just given birth to my second child, and am desperate to stay at home with our kids. However with the completion of law school we have acquired large amounts of debt causing this desire to be challenged. I have lost sleep and my husband is feeling the burden beyond measure. I feel for him, knowing the responsibility to bear the financial burden alone is a very trying one. My desperation caused me to cry out to God a few days ago, begging for his peace and a miracle for both me and my husband. I realized I needed to get into the word and hoped that I would find a verse that would comfort me. I actually thought before opening the Bible if only I could find that verse that says I will give you your hearts desire. I open my Bible to no specific page and continue to pray. Then I look at the Bible and start to read Psalms 20 Psalm
David Psalm
1-4 God answer you on the day you crash, The name God-of-Jacob put you out of harm's reach, Send reinforcements from Holy Hill, Dispatch from Zion fresh supplies, Exclaim over your offerings, Celebrate your sacrifices,Give you what your heart desires, Accomplish your plans.
5 When you win, we plan to raise the roof and lead the parade with our banners. May all your wishes come true!
6 That clinches it—help's coming, an answer's on the way, everything's going to work out.

I could not have written a response I wanted from God myself that was more of what I needed to hear. For the rest of the day I felt a peace. And it appears that my husband also felt a bit of peace on the situation. The next day I was still struggling to let God handle this situation, So again I prayed. I asked God to help my husband with a project that he has been working on for the last 6 months, to have some action or movement, and that day he had 15 leads versus the 1 request he had typically been getting on the same project. It just goes to show God does care about the little things in our lives and he is willing to move on our behalf. I am humbled and awed by His presence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home